“How about this heat?”
It’s a refrain you’re probably hearing daily as the mercury climbs to near the three-digit mark around the Raleigh area. And if you work out in the brutal heat and humidity, you don’t need anyone to tell you that once in awhile, you deserve a break.
Fortunately, the Triangle region of North Carolina offers numerous entertainment options that are — thankfully — air-conditioned, along with outdoor activities that allow you to jump in the water when you’re ready to cool off. Here are a few of our favorite fun things to do in and near Raleigh that also help you beat the summer heat.
Get in a Little Shopping
The Raleigh area is truly a shopper’s paradise, with multiple upscale malls that allow you to shop, dine, socialize, relax and even get some exercise in air-conditioned comfort. Some of the most well-known in the Triangle include:
Catch a Movie
When it’s so hot out, is there anything better than settling into comfortable stadium seating to enjoy a movie in a deliciously cool theater? If there is, we’d like to know about it! The Triangle offers many options for catching a movie; here are a few:
- AMC Southpoint 17 & IMAX.
- Wells Fargo IMAX Theatre at Marbles.
- Marquee Cinemas Wakefield 12.
- Raleighwood Cinema Grill.
- Cinemark Raleigh Grande.
- Regal Brier Creek Stadium 14.
Dip Your Toes
Raleigh and surrounding areas are home to many beautiful lakes, and some include beach areas, camping, fishing, boating and other recreational opportunities. One example is Jordan Lake State Recreation Area, which includes nine different access areas around its perimeter. The lake offers specialized areas for many outdoor activities, including campsites, boating ramps and seven beaches available for lounging and swimming.
Falls Lake State Recreation Area includes seven access areas, some 300 campsites and five beaches for swimming. The lake also offers boat ramps, along with many biking trails available via the Beaverdam access point.
Soak up Some History and Culture
Raleigh is home to multiple museums where you can cool off as you feed your mind. Some of our favorites include:
- The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, the most-visited museum in the state of North Carolina and the biggest museum of its kind in the Southeast. The museum features a variety of exhibits that answer the big questions — like how our world works.
- The North Carolina Museum of History, featuring numerous events and exhibits like “Treasures of Carolina.”
- The North Carolina Museum of Art, a 164-acre park with a permanent collection that began in the 1940s with a state appropriation of $1 million, along with exhibitions featuring works of masters like da Vinci.
Stay Cool and Comfortable at Home
After a day of air-conditioned fun out and about in Raleigh, how about spending some time relaxing at home with an efficient air conditioner? To learn how to keep your home comfortably cool in the North Carolina heat, contact Delta Heating & Cooling at (919) 256-5120.